We are seeking a Commercial Cleaning Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Utilize the client’s customized commercial cleaning checklist to perform all tasks to the standards established by Chappell's Cleaning Services, LLC.
Common tasks include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc., in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes.
- Replenish supplies in restrooms, break rooms and kitchen.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners.
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas.
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to client in the comments section on the customer checklist.
- Arrive to work (client location) at scheduled time, perform services to established standards and ensure the client’s facility is locked and secured when you finish and leave.
- Handle special requests for customers as appropriate and note handling on the customer checklist and company paperwork.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- Must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule - MUST HAVE WEEKEND, HOLIDAY AND EARLY MORNING/MIDDAY/LATE EVENING WEEKDAY AVAILABILITY.
- Must be able to work in DC Metropolitan area to include: DC, MD and VA (where location is metro accessible).
- MUST HAVE OWN/RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed.
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Self-starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities.
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of two years of related experience and/or training in a service environment required.
Ability to speak and write English fluently and relay information between the team, customers and office staff.
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift, and move objects (including 30 lbs. vacuum), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements.
- Travel to / from customer’s business is required.
- Uniforms, provided by Chappell's Cleaning Services, LLC, must be worn during work hours.
How We Will Measure Success
- Customer satisfaction levels based on surveys.
- Customer retention.
- Quality assurance scores based on manager surveys and feedback.